As an FCS teacher, there's a 99.9% chance that we've all taught or will teach about professional dress in the workplace at some point in our careers. No matter the subject, I found myself incorporating this topic into my employability skill unit each year. I loved the topic, but I was always so frustrated by the lack of relevant, engaging curriculum when it came to dressing for success. When I was teaching in-person and online in 2021, I came up with the idea to have students demonstrate their learning of the different types of dress through the use of Bitmoji!
When you download, you can expect:
- An editable google drive folder with detailed lesson slides, the assignment, and the answer key
- Lesson slides include several warm-up options, discussion, objective, lesson slides, table discussions throughout, task instructions, assignment examples, and class closure
- Detailed slides that break down 4 tiers of dress which include:
- Business Professional, Business Casual, Casual Wear and Uniforms
- Slides also review hair, tattoos, and piercings in the workplace
- Visual examples of each type of dress on male and female bitmoji's
- The assignment contains 20 different career scenarios within the 14 Career Clusters
- Students will read each scenario and dress their bitmoji according to the job and scenario
- Careers include:
- Game Designer
- Real Estate Agent
- Financial Advisor
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Offshore Oil Pump Operator
- Pediatric Nurse
- Head Chef
- Personal Trainer
- Hair Stylist
- Apple Genius - Computer Science
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Probation Officer
- Lead Engineer
- Wind Turbine Technician
- Aircraft Pilot
- Students will dress their bitmoji according to the scenario and insert it into the scene
- Timers are embedded for lesson pacing. The assignment portion will take 2 days if your classes are 50-60 minutes long.
- Extremely easy to grade and check for student understanding
- A document containing helpful lesson tips & tools is included
**Students need the Bitmoji app on either their device or a school-issued iPad. If this is not an option, I provide 2 other alternatives in the notes section of the TASK slide**
❤️ You will LOVE using this lesson because of the aesthetic design and attention to detail that was put into designing this resource. Your students will also appreciate the creativity of the assignment options which allow them to use Bitmoji to demonstrate their understanding of the different tiers of dress in the workplace.
All text is editable and easy to make adjustments that fit the needs of your FCS classroom.
Using this resource is SUPER easy!
✅Select Warm-Up & Closure
✅Teach the Lesson
✅Distribute the Bitmoji Dress for Success Assignment
✅Use the Answer Key to Check Student Understanding
Check out the preview for a closer look at what is included in this Google Drive Folder
You may also like…
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Copyright © FCS and Creativeness, Baylie Collins
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Career Readiness - How to Dress For Success: Standard Workforce Edition
Download provides access to a Google Drive folder containing all items listed in the product info section below.